About the Program
Improve your communication skills while learning essential Canadian workplace skills in customer service. Courses include professional presentation skills, sales, hospitality, food and beverage and event planning.
- Earn a Canadian diploma or certificate & gain work experiencein Canada.
- English requirement: Level 8| IELTS Academic 4.0
- 100% guaranteedjob placement during co-op.
Communication & Service Essentials Diploma with Co-op / 60 Weeks (30 weeks in class + 30 weeks of co-op)
By the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply customer service strategies reflecting current trends in the hospitality industry.
- Demonstrate occupational skills, roles, and responsibilities to create a positive customer service experience in various hospitality positions.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner demonstrating an understanding of workplace norms, guidelines, regulations and legislation.
- Demonstrate the language skills needed to successfully communicate in English with customers and in a workplace context.
- Perform administrative and project-based tasks required in the workplace demonstrating teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate the professional techniques needed in the workplace context including the use of personal and organizational technology.
Co-op Work Experience
During the co-op term, you will practice customer service knowledge you have learned in class and gain Canadian work experience. Co-op is also an opportunity to develop professional contacts within the industry and enhance students’ résumés. Our Co-op Advisors support students throughout the process of finding the right placement. Students are allowed to work full-time during the co-op component.
Your work experience during the co-op term may include entry-level positions as:
- Sales Representatives – NOC 6552
- Sales Ambassadors – NOC 6552
- Retail Sales – NOC 6552
- Barista – NOC 6511
- Reception – NOC 6511
- Hotel Front Desk – NOC 6511
Working in Canada While You Study
Full-time students who qualify are permitted to work off-campus up to 20 hours per week during their study component.
- Educational Qualification: High School/Secondary School Diploma or higher education*.
- Interview: Successful interview with an International College team member.
- English Proficiency: English level 8 or IELTS Academic 4.0